Thursday 25 April 2013

Interview Lotta Nieminen

What is your greatest achievement?
Winning a big bulky PC at age 12 in a competition where kids were asked to design their own 12-page magazine.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
My illustrations are textured, detailed and rich in color. My designs are simple, clean and often more restricted in terms of color palette.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Relax. It'll never be worse than this.
When are you happiest?
In bed on the occasional Sunday morning, after a well slept night, without having anywhere to go or anything to do.
What's the worst job you have ever had?
Selling tights at a department store at age 15 as a summer job. Knowing that much about pantyhose is a waste of brain space.
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
As long as Wes Anderson directs it, I'll leave the casting up to him.
What is your Karaoke song?
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Although if I start playing it at a party, it's usually a cue for me to stop drinking.
What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The publishing of the filthy celebrity gossip magazines I always buy at the airport.
What is the greatest invention of all time?
Avocado on toast.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
After graduation, I applied to study not only graphic design, but also geography and French linguistics. Maybe a French speaking geographer?


No comments:

Post a Comment